The LCHS annual talent show, Lakes Has Talent, premiered on January 10 to a virtual audience for the first time. The 2020 show had 7 acts with 11 participants and two emcees, Lucas Miller and Jack Klein. This year’s judges, performers in their own right, were Mr. Newberry, Mrs. Bowen, and Mrs. Hebson. Our tech department, led by Kyle Bush and Ryan Miles, operated 6 cameras and a soundboard from the new District 117 recording studio. They invested a significant amount of time and effort to successfully produce the show and implement our first ever online voting. Recording the show started as a response to COVID mitigations, allowing us to minimize the number of people in the auditorium and social distance. However, like so many experiences over the past year, we will keep the best of what we’ve learned. In this case, the team will likely continue to record future productions for the flexibility of sharing with friends and families near and far, as well as having a keepsake of the event.
Congratulations to all of the performers, especially the 2020 Lakes Has Talent winners Jasmine and Xavian Buday! Eagles, you make us proud!
- The Balding Eagles — “Rockin’ in the Free World” by Neil Young
- Jasmine and Xavian Buday — “Double Trouble”
- Maggie Hirtle — Original Choreography (“Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé)
- Jasmin Gray — “My Future” by Billie Eilish
- Amaya Trink— “Stay” by Rihanna, Mikky Ekko
- Tess Schumow — “Monster” from Adventure Time: Distant Lands
- Stacy Behnke — Original Choreography (“Stitches” by Shawn Mendes)
- Kylie Simon — Original Song (untitled)