School board members serve as unpaid volunteers for the benefit of the students and the community. They act as the front-line education advocates providing a local voice and vision for the district by putting in place the educational priorities of area residents.
This year all seven Lake Villa 41 board members received individual recognition at the Lake County annual Fall Division Meeting. Congratulations to:
- Mark Aleckson – Board Leader
- Ed Liberman – Board Leader
- Michael Conway – Distinguished Board Leader
- Joe Dunne – Distinguished Board Leader
- Kurt Hansen – Distinguished Board Leader
- Debbie Walsh – Distinguished Board Leader
- Joanne Osmond – Legacy Board Leader
In addition to individual recognition, the entire Lake Villa 41 School Board also received the School Board Governance Recognition Award for their ongoing practice of effective governance behaviors. This was the fourth School Board Governance Recognition received by the board since 2016.